Re: upgrading to gnome3

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM, David Roguin <nesdavid@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
David, I followed that and this is what I get:

root@HDBB:/etc/apt/preferences.d# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 brasero deskbar-applet gnome-about gnome-applets gnome-commander gnome-control-center gnome-netstatus-applet gnome-panel
 gnome-power-manager gnome-session gvfs gvfs-backends gvfs-fuse libbonoboui2-0 libgnome2-0 libgnomeui-0
 libpanel-applet2-0 nautilus python-gnome2 python-gnomeapplet sensors-applet
 compiz-gnome compizconfig-backend-gconf python-software-properties software-properties-gtk
 alsa-utils apt apt-utils aptitude at-spi comerr-dev desktop-base dictionaries-common diff diffutils dpkg dpkg-dev
 e2fslibs e2fsprogs git git-man iftop initscripts libatspi1.0-0 libcairo-perl libcomerr2 libdpkg-perl libffi5
 libgd2-noxpm libgdu0 libglib-perl libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-data libhtml-parser-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libmp3lame0
 libqdbm14 libss2 libusb-1.0-0 libvirtodbc0 libwnck-3-0 libwnck-3-common libwnck-common libwnck22 libxml-xpathengine-perl
 syslinux syslinux-common sysstat sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-utils virtuoso-minimal virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin
 virtuoso-opensource-6.1-common xserver-common xserver-xephyr xserver-xorg-core
52 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 45.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 45.1 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Where gnome-session just gets deleted and not updated.
Hugo

I've updated several months ago and I don't real remember what I did to get it working... Maybe someone could shed some light on this.
Just curious: what happens if you try to install gnome-session before dist-upgrading?
$sudo aptitude install -t experimental gnome-session

Cheers!
--
David

I'm looking gnome-session from sid and experimental and the unstable version is newer than the experimental one, so maybe that's the reason apt wants to remove it.

and maybe you want to install gnome-session from sid and not from experimental, as I mentioned early :)

--
David