Re: upgrading to gnome3

<snip>
David, I followed that and this is what I get:

root@HDBB:/etc/apt/preferences.d# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 brasero deskbar-applet gnome-about gnome-applets gnome-commander gnome-control-center gnome-netstatus-applet gnome-panel
 gnome-power-manager gnome-session gvfs gvfs-backends gvfs-fuse libbonoboui2-0 libgnome2-0 libgnomeui-0
 libpanel-applet2-0 nautilus python-gnome2 python-gnomeapplet sensors-applet
 compiz-gnome compizconfig-backend-gconf python-software-properties software-properties-gtk
 alsa-utils apt apt-utils aptitude at-spi comerr-dev desktop-base dictionaries-common diff diffutils dpkg dpkg-dev
 e2fslibs e2fsprogs git git-man iftop initscripts libatspi1.0-0 libcairo-perl libcomerr2 libdpkg-perl libffi5
 libgd2-noxpm libgdu0 libglib-perl libglib2.0-0 libglib2.0-data libhtml-parser-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libmp3lame0
 libqdbm14 libss2 libusb-1.0-0 libvirtodbc0 libwnck-3-0 libwnck-3-common libwnck-common libwnck22 libxml-xpathengine-perl
 syslinux syslinux-common sysstat sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-utils virtuoso-minimal virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin
 virtuoso-opensource-6.1-common xserver-common xserver-xephyr xserver-xorg-core
52 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 45.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 45.1 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Where gnome-session just gets deleted and not updated.
Hugo

I've updated several months ago and I don't real remember what I did to get it working... Maybe someone could shed some light on this.
Just curious: what happens if you try to install gnome-session before dist-upgrading?
$sudo aptitude install -t experimental gnome-session

Cheers!
--
David