Re: posting

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 05:22:00PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> - MUAs. I would add another section about good e-mails clients to use
> when dealing with mailing lists (this is my small "whitelist" input:
> mutt, (al)pine, thunderbird/icedove, evolution, claws and in my
> "blacklist" I will put all sort of commercial webmails (gmail, yahoo,
> hotmail), the outlook family (from express to 2010) and windows mail/live
> mail.

I haven't seen many emails on mailing lists from Yahoo! or Hotmail, so I
can't comment there, but the Gmail web interface adheres to the RFC
standards, near as I can tell. I've not seen broken email threads as a
result of using the Gmail web interface.

Also, the Outlook family also adheres to the RFCs (as well as some
adendums), but it's not entirely functional on Debian, so I don't see the
need to bring that one into the mix. Probably should only worry about mail
clients that are shipped with Debian proper. If you're concerned about
other operating systems, then you should probably add Apple Mail and Opera
Mail to the "whitelist".

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o