Re: Reducing HDD writing affect on whole system.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>> For system that I'm speaking now is a Dell's laptop w/ AMD Tutorion64
>> 2.4 GHz, 2G RAM, w/ Hitachi SATA 750G in it.
>
>If memory serves me right, Turion64 sounds like an "old" CPU, right?
>
>("old" for today CPU's rhythms of life means a mactufacturing date of
>2005/2006)

Yes, it is old - that is relating to its date of manufacturing, and
not its value. :)

>Yes, there are many reports on that error:
>
>http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en#q=debian+MP-BIOS+bug:+8254+timer+not+connected+to+IO-APIC&hl=en&tbo=1&complete=0&prmd=imvns&tbas=0&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=2RKbTrePHMfAswbhocmUBA&ved=0CAkQpwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bd638b897581bb57&biw=1280&bih=888

Uhh. Why chromium does not open the link? :/

>But the relation between this message and the hard disk slowdown is
>unclear :-?

I do not say that, just saw that - as we are talking on performance, I
thought may that timer bug has any affect on  HDD too. :\

>> If interested I can upload some where whole dmesg output. Or some
>> grep-ed info related to HDD performance problem.
>
>Yes please, the more accurate information you provide, the more
>changes for a kernel hacker who reads your message can help you :-)

OK. Here it is.

http://pastebin.com/QYHxZmHd