Re: php

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 06:24:46PM BST, Glenn English wrote:
> I don't do php on my web server because I was told of huge security problems in it -- and until I turned off the php interpreter in Apache, I got many break in attempts involving phpAdmin and such.
>
> Do any of you know of a similar package in, say, Perl or Python? Or can anyone convince me that php is safe?

The system is as safe and secure as its administrator allows it to be.
Hardly anything is secure out of the box, even the default OpenBSD
install had two remote holes over the years.
Scott already gave you the advice you need.
Rule of thumb: only allow access to the bare minimum from the outside
world.

Good luck,
--
Raf