preseed with USB-Stick and RAID on internal disks

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a preseed file on Squeeze for a HP Proliant NL36, which should boot from USB and use all four internal disks with RAID 5:

internal 8GB USB-Stick:
/dev/sda		| ------ atomic partitioning ------ |
internal 1000GB HDDs:
/dev/sdb		| -------------	RAID5 ------------- |
/dev/sdc		| ------------- RAID5 ------------- |
/dev/sdd		| ------------- RAID5 ------------- |
/dev/sde		| ------------- RAID5 ------------- |

But I'm stuck at the beginning - what do I need to choose in my preseed file ? Do I need to define the partitions on the USB stick ? In my opinion it's not needed because I choose "atomic". But then it's a little bit confusing because I choose an expert recipe too. Something is wrong in my config.... with this configuration my system will be installed to the USB the way I want, but no RAID is created.

-------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< -------- 8< --------
d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda

d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm_span boolean true
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-md/device_remove_md boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true

d-i partman-auto/method string regular
d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select atomic
d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                   \
        multiraid ::                                    \
                64 10000 1000000000                     \
                        method{ raid }                  \
                .                                       \
                64 10000 1000000000                     \
                        method{ raid }                  \
                .                                       \
                64 10000 1000000000                     \
                        method{ raid }                  \
                .                                       \
                64 10000 1000000000                     \
                        method{ raid }                  \
d-i partman-auto-raid/recipe string                     \
        5 4 0 - - /dev/sdb#/dev/sdc#/dev/sdd#/dev/sde   \

Is it possible to do an atomic _and_ raid setup at the same time ?
Or shall I just use "d-i preseed/late_command string in-target" to create the RAID array with "mdadm --create --verbose --force --assume-clean /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=4 /dev/sd[bcde]" at the end of my setup ? This way seems to be much easier than using the recipe.

Regards
Peter