Re: Reducing HDD writing affect on whole system.

On 10/15/2011 12:39 AM, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>
> I have terrible delays/freezes w/ any application whenever HDD (a SATA
> one) does its writing.
>
> My question is, Whether I can make any adjustments as to FS mount
> options, kernel parameters, etc?

Please don't ask a performance related question like this without
providing system info:

1.  Debian/Kernel version
2.  CPU (model/speed), RAM (size/speed), disk (type/size/speed)
3.  Desktop or laptop, brand of PC
4.  The workload that causes the undesirable behavior

By "workload" I mean what programs you are running simultaneously, and
what is each doing, when the system becomes unresponsive.

The answer could be as simple as:

1.  You don't have enough RAM
2.  You're doing more concurrent IO than your HDD can handle

--
Stan