Re: Equivalencing usernames/ids across computers

On 14/10/11 17:50, Camaleón wrote:

What I was really hoping to find was some sort of mapping facility that
changes UIDs originating from, say, laptop from 1001 to 1003, etc.

Then you can add a routine to be run after each rsync round that changes
the UID/GID (chown) of the backed files depending on where the files are
located.

Thanks, Cameleón, I might take a look at LDA and/or NIS, although I have no experience with them. Otherwise, I guess I'm going to just change around the UIDs on some of the systems, which may well be the path of least resistance.

Thanks anyway for your help and advice.

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org