Maling list posting strategies (was: rkhunter database update - which method is recommended?)

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:13:03 +0100, Ad L. wrote:

> These days, when replying, I reply through the first link under "Reply
> To" below a message.

You mean you are clicking the bottom links provided by the mailing list
archive? Why? Aren't you getting the messages through your Gmail account
or a news reader? I will be a more pleasant method for you...

> I am then taken to gmail, where I compose my reply and send it. Then I
> simply click the Back button to get back to the original message.

Ugh... that's very annoying.

If you want to keep that system (which I do not recommend) you better
include the content of the e-mail you are replying to because the way you
are doing now is breaking the threads and your messages reach the list
with no references at all so people who reads them knows nothing about
who or what you are replying.

> This time, I used the second option to reply to you directly, on-list.
> Maybe that makes a difference?

I'm afraid it does not.

> Anyhow, I don't see anything of the original message while replying...

That's probably because of the way you are posting to the mailing list.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón