Re: What can make the mouse cursor disappear?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
Steven Sciame <sasciame@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Have you tried compiling another kernel.  A while back I had
> something similar happen in Stable (squeeze) after I upgraded to
> 6.0.1 and it was related to this bug:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618665 ; They fixed
> it in the next  point release (6.0.2).  From what I understand it is
> a bug in an upstream kernel that somehow makes its way back in. I
> don't know if it will fix it or not, but you may want to compile a
> new kernel from kernel.org and see if your problem goes away.  It was
> my workaround until it got fixed in Stable.

Thanks, I might have a go if I get time in the next few days, which
look busy. But I doubt it, the last two kernels have been the 3 series.
The second was four days ago, but the first was some weeks before that.
I didn't particularly notice when this problem began, but if it had been
after the first 3 version arrived I would have noticed, as the use of
'3' caused a bit of a stir. Anything untoward which started happening
that day would have been linked with the kernel.

Another possibility, if I have plenty of time, is that my laptop
occasionally runs sid, but was last updated long before this problem
arrived. I could sit there patiently updating a few packages at a time
until either the problem recurred or something else broke because it
didn't get updated in the right order....

--
Joe