Re: What can make the mouse cursor disappear?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:39:37 +0100, Joe wrote:

(...)

> My question is: what controls the visibility of the cursor when crossing
> icons and window features, operates tooltips, etc? I've spent quite some
> time with Mr Google without finding a definite answer, but I'm getting
> the feeling it's GTK, especially as the current PCB is based on it, as
> obviously is the Gimp. The scroll behaviour seems to be the same in
> every application which has a vertical scroll bar, and I have no idea if
> they all use GTK. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

I cannot see that behaviour at least in wheezy (running GNOME and Intel
VGA).

> I came across references to unclutter, but I don't have that installed.

If other DEs are also affected, it could also be a kernel or Xorg upgrade
what made your cursor flickers or turns invisible (or even the VGA driver
in use).

Have you updagred any of those programs in the last weeks?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón