Re: What can make the mouse cursor disappear?

Have you tried compiling another kernel.  A while back I had something similar happen in Stable (squeeze) after I upgraded to 6.0.1 and it was related to this bug:  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618665 ; They fixed it in the next  point release (6.0.2).  From what I understand it is a bug in an upstream kernel that somehow makes its way back in. I don't know if it will fix it or not, but you may want to compile a new kernel from kernel.org and see if your problem goes away.  It was my workaround until it got fixed in Stable.

-Steven