Re: debian vs. wide-dhcpv6-client

On 10/11/2011 04:37 PM, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
  Hello,

I wonder if you have any expirence how to set up a interface in
/etc/network/interfaces to pick up IPv6 address using wide dhcpv6
client. It seems that I can have static and DHCP for IPv4, but only
static for IPv6.

Thanks,
Wawrzek
--
Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) Niewodniczański - (niewod @ LinkedIn
<http://uk.linkedin.com/in/niewod>)

Hi.

Adding

iface inet6 dhcp

in /etc/network/interfaces doesn't work, but there are documents about WIDE-DHCPv6 - client and server.

http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-dhcpv6-stateful-autocfg.php
http://www.6deploy.org/workshops/brazil_20080526/autoconf_and_dhcpv6.pdf

HTH

Best regards