Re: router for loadbalancing..anyone know a low cost solution ??

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:23 PM, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2011 8:25 AM, "Joey L" <mjh2000@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I know this is not exactly the correct forum for this question, but:
>> 1. I do not want to setup another debian server/servers.
>> 2. I am on a serious low budget to run 2 servers.
>> 3. I am looking for the router to handle the load balancing between 2
>> debian servers.
>>
>> Or - Can I setup debian to listen 2 ip addresses on each server ????
>> And have one as the one primary to respond.  If that one is down - the
>> other server how is also listening for that ip address - answer ???
>>

> You didn't specify what protocal you needed fail over capability for? If
> you're doing http, look at nginx. If you're doing anything else, look at
> openssi or a component thereof. Perlbal might be a solution as well. As I
> said, you didn't really say much.

Thanks for the reply - sorry for not specifying much.
I am running standard services on 2 boxes - apache, mysql, postfix, asterisk.
I use one of the boxes as a secondary - if first box fails - it should
go to standby box.
I was looking for a hardware solution or if there is a service on the
internet that can redirect requests of service to one box if the other
box is down.
I do not want to run another linux box - because that might go down as well.
I need something to act a reliable director of services - such as a
load balancer.
thanks
mjh