Re: how to gather info for reporting problem

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 09:41:58 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Sorry to cause you extra effort... I should not have started this second
> thread since it way overlaps:
> Subject: Install kde-desktop on existing debian install

It was me who suggested opening a new thread.

I find it more appropriate because your first post was about "how to get
the updated instructions" to have kde installed but now that you have
find out the right place from where to start, you are facing another
(different) problems related with the installation itself.

> So to keep it all in one place, if will be kind enough to look for your
> reply there I will appreciate it.

There is no need to move the post, it will mix up things. It is usually
better to open one thread for every problem, it helps people who reply to
concentrate in one thing at a time and makes mailing list archive (for
those that comes later) easier to read. Long threads are harder to follow.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón