Re: Install kde-desktop on existing debian install

Weaver <weaver@riseup.net> writes:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 11:13:18 -0500
> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> Looking at what is listed like this in google:
>> How to install KDE on Debian - The Debian KDE maintainers website
>>
>> I find this apparently out of date information:
>>
>> install KDE on your existing Debian system
>>
>> If you already have Debian Lenny installed and you want a complete KDE
>> desktop, install the "kde-desktop" task:
>
> If you open up the aptitude ncurses interface and the the 'not
> installed packages' option, the first category you will see is 'tasks'.
> If you arrow down you will come across what you are looking for.

I guess you mean the kde-desktop item... but once found I'm not seeing
what else to do.  Its really a confusing interface.  I keep getting
deeper into trouble but no clue what its doing.  I think I may have to
use some other means. Ncurses aptitude is a mine field and seems only
to offer version 3.5 of kde.