Re: [OT] Searching "Squeeze" on Google

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 18:48:30 +0200, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 18:19:52 +0200, Alois Mahdal wrote:

sorry for OT--this is probably more about Google, but I find this quite
puzzling *and* somehow Debian-(popularity)-related :)

I wouldn't worry about this. Google's search results varies *a lot*
depending on your location, stored, cookies, browser, IP address, rainy
or sunny day, etc... ;-)

Thanks, I kinda forgot that---trying to see things simple way all day long. :-)

Just took a glimpse into HTTP headers and I remembered that there's a whole
(beautiful & scary) world between my browser and Google... ;-)

Why first Debian-related hit in results after searching "squeeze" on
Google is actually Wheezy?  Not Squeeze?

(...)

My first Debian "hit" directs me to Squeeze (current stable). In fact, I
see nothing about Wheezy (at least within the first 10 results).

...kind of soothing to know, though... :-D

aL.

--
Alois Mahdal, using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/