Re: [OT] Searching "Squeeze" on Google

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 18:19 +0200, Alois Mahdal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for OT--this is probably more about Google, but I find
> this quite puzzling *and* somehow Debian-(popularity)-related :)
>

> Why first Debian-related hit in results after searching "squeeze"
> on Google is actually Wheezy?  Not Squeeze?
>
> Actually (not counting "images/videos/news for..."), Debian Wheezy
> was 4th result, Squeeze was 11th.
>

> I always thought that Google gives better score to pages that are
> actually related, i.e. "most people who were looking for 'squeeze'
> went there and did not come back".
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
> aL.

With Iceweasel 6.0.2, no add-ons, I got hits for squeeze first. Since
"squeeze" is an English word, http://www.dict.cc/?s=squeeze , you should
search for: debian squeeze

http://www.google.com/ searching for: debian squeeze

About 15,700,000 results (0.06 seconds)

    Everything
    Images
    Maps
    Videos
    News
    Shopping

More
Search Options

        Any time
        Past hour
        Past 24 hours
        Past week
        Past month
        Past year
        Custom range...
        All results
        Sites with images
        Related searches

More search tools
Search Results

    Debian -- Debian “squeeze” Release Information
    www.debian.org/releases/stable/
    Debian “squeeze” Release Information. Debian 6.0.2 was released June
25th, 2011. Debian 6.0.0 was initially released on February 6th, 2011.
The release ...
    32-bit PC (i386) - AMD64 Port - Installation manual - Errata
    ►
    Debian -- Debian “wheezy” Release Information
    www.debian.org/releases/testing/
    The code name for the next major Debian release after squeeze is
wheezy ...
    DebianSqueeze - Debian Wiki
    wiki.debian.org/DebianSqueeze
    Squeeze is the development codename for Debian 6.0. It is the
current stable ...
    Debian -- News -- Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" released
    www.debian.org/News/2011/20110205a
    6 Feb 2011 – Debian 6.0 Squeeze introduces technical previews of two
new ...
    Show more results from debian.org
    Debian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian
    Debian 6.0 (squeeze) was released February 6, 2011 after 24 months
of development. For the first time, Debian GNU/kFreeBSD was introduced
with this version ...
    The Perfect Desktop - Debian Squeeze | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos ...
    8 posts - Last post: 4 Sep
    This tutorial shows how you can set up a Debian Squeeze desktop that
is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that has all
the ...
    Virtualization With KVM On A Debian Squeeze Server‎ - 14 Jul 2011
    The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND ...‎ - 9
Jun 2011
    The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) [ISPConfig 2 ...‎ -
    Installing And Using OpenVZ On Debian Squeeze (AMD64)‎ - 15 Feb 2011

    More results from howtoforge.com »
    Virtualmin on Debian Squeeze for Drupal HOWTO | edin.no-ip.com
    edin.no-ip.com/blog/.../virtualmin-debian-squeeze-drupal-howto
    8 Sep 2011 – This HOWTO will guide you though the Virtualmin
installation on top of Debian Squeeze, then demonstrate the virtual
hosting functionality by ...
    Vaio tips for Debian Squeeze (Shallow Thoughts)
    shallowsky.com/blog/linux/laptop/vaio-squeeze-tips.html
    27 Aug 2011 – I switched to the current Debian release, "Squeeze",
quite a few months ago on my Sony Vaio laptop. I've found that Squeeze,
with its older ...
    Debian "Squeeze" makes key progress toward being a fully free ...
    www.fsf.org/.../debian-squeeze-makes-key-progress-toward-being-a-...
    8 Feb 2011 – Cheers to the Debian community! With last Saturday's
"Squeeze" release, Debian took an important step towards being a fully
free distribution ...
    Debian Squeeze(s) out a new release - Not just for Linux anymore ...

www.internetnews.com/skerner/.../debian-squeezes-out-a-new-rele.ht...
    7 Feb 2011 – Over the weekend, Debian 6 - aka - Squeeze, was
officially release after two ... "Debian 6.0 Squeeze introduces
technical previews of two new ...

Searches related to debian squeeze

debian squeeze packages

debian squeeze iso

debian squeeze kde

debian squeeze xen

eve debian squeeze ia32

debian squeeze nvidia

debian squeeze release date

debian squeeze kernel
	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	Next

http://www.google.de/#hl=de&cp=8&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=debian
+squeeze&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=debian
+s&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=36b02268695b2fcc&biw=1152&bih=719

    www.debian.org/releases/stable/ - Diese Seite übersetzen
    www.debian.org/releases/testing/ - Diese Seite übersetzen
    The code name for the next major Debian release after squeeze is
wheezy ...
    DebianSqueeze - Debian Wiki
    wiki.debian.org/DebianSqueeze - Diese Seite übersetzen
    See also. Debian Releases: DebianLenny - The previous distribution.
Debian ...
    Debian -- Debian "Squeeze" Release-Informationen
    www.debian.org/releases/stable/index.de.html
    Debian Squeeze Release-Informationen. Debian 6.0.2 wurde am 25. Juni
2011 ...
    Weitere Ergebnisse von debian.org
    Debian – Wikipedia
    de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian
    Debian basiert seit der 1996 veröffentlichten ersten stabilen
Version 1.1 Buzz bis zur Version 5.0.8 Lenny auf dem Linux-Kernel. Seit
Version 6.0, Squeeze, wird ...
    Debian 6.0 »Squeeze« veröffentlicht - Pro-Linux
    www.pro-linux.de/news/1/.../debian-60-squeeze-veroeffentlicht.html
    6. Febr. 2011 – Nach 24 Monaten intensiver Entwicklungsarbeit hat
das Debian Projekt Debian 6.0 »Squeeze« veröffentlicht.
    Erstes Update für Debian "Squeeze" | heise open
    20. März 2011 – Das Debian-Projekt hat in Version 6.0.1 zahlreiche
aktualisierte Pakete bereitgestellt, die bekannte Sicherheitslücken
schließen und Fehler ...
    Debian Squeeze bringt 10.000 neue Pakete « NEWS « Linux ...
    www.linux-magazin.de › NEWS
    7. Febr. 2011 – Das Debian-Projekt hat Version 6.0 (Squeeze) seiner
freien Linux-Distribution veröffentlicht.
    DEbian Squeeze Sound nach letztem Update weg - Zockertown ...
    zockertown.de/s9y/index.php?/archives/1520-DEbian-Squeeze...
    vor 5 Tagen – Merkwürdig. Ohne mir ersichtlichen Grund war plötzlich
kein Sound mehr da. Es ist eine ganz normale Debian Squeeze
Installation, ohne extra ...
    Debian Squeeze volatile Mirror durch squeeze-updates ersetzt - Linux

www.sysadminslife.com/.../debian-squeeze-volatile-mirror-durch-squ...
    15. Febr. 2011 – Wer unter Debian 5 Lenny das volatile Archiv, für
zB.: Spam-Filter oder Virenscanner Updates, in seiner Paketverwaltung
verwendet hat, wird ...

Verwandte Suchanfragen zu debian squeeze

debian squeeze release date

debian squeeze download iso

debian squeeze xen

debian squeeze netinstall

debian squeeze volatile

debian squeeze vmware tools

debian squeeze backports

debian squeeze nvidia
Anzeigen

    Debian Squeeze bei eBay
    www.ebay.de/Debian+Squeeze
    ebay.de ist mit

    Bewertung: 4,7 von 5,0

    bewertet
    Debian squeeze: Reihenweise Angebote
    Debian squeeze? Ab zu eBay!

Hier könnte Ihre Anzeige stehen »
	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	Weiter

Suchtipps Feedback geben Google.com in English
Google-Startseite‎Werben mit
Google‎Unternehmensangebote‎Datenschutz‎Über Google‎