Re: [OT] Searching "Squeeze" on Google

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 18:19:52 +0200, Alois Mahdal wrote:

> sorry for OT--this is probably more about Google, but I find this quite
> puzzling *and* somehow Debian-(popularity)-related :)

I wouldn't worry about this. Google's search results varies *a lot*
depending on your location, stored, cookies, browser, IP address, rainy
or sunny day, etc... ;-)

> Why first Debian-related hit in results after searching "squeeze" on
> Google is actually Wheezy?  Not Squeeze?

(...)

My first Debian "hit" directs me to Squeeze (current stable). In fact, I
see nothing about Wheezy (at least within the first 10 results).

I run the query using this URI:

***
http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en
***

And this is the excerpt I get (#10):

***
Debian -- Debian “squeeze” Release Information
www.debian.org/releases/stable/
Debian “squeeze” Release Information. Debian 6.0.2 was released June
25th, 2011. Debian 6.0.0 was initially released on February 6th, 2011.
The release ...
***

Greetings,

--