Re: Best VM for video games? or WINE? x64 system/os's

I concur with running Starcraft 2 on wine. I am not much of a gamer, but was given a copy of SC2, and it runs quite well on wine. If I were to guess, I would say that wine would have less overhead than windows + a VM environment.

--b

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
On 04/10/11 03:47, Eric Galaxy wrote:
> Hi, I am running Debian x64. �I have a copy of WinXP pro x64. �I am
> wondering what the best solution would be to playing video games such as
> Starcraft 2 or Steam games (Windows games/game apps) on my system? �I
> don't mind learning a bit, and I'd like the games to run well on my
> system. �Advice is appreciated. :)
>
> --
> Eric

VirtualBox has 3D support - I don't believe the Open version does though.

I'm not a gamer, but clients seem happy with WINE for Starcraft.

Alternatively (preferably) just use WINE (skip Windoof all-together) -
you'll probably find Playonlinux easiest to configure:-
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20882
http://www.playonlinux.com/en/commentaires-785.html
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

Linux does have games you know.... some developers will even charge you
money for Linux games ;-p

Cheers