Re: Best VM for video games? or WINE? x64 system/os's

On 04/10/11 03:47, Eric Galaxy wrote:
> Hi, I am running Debian x64. �I have a copy of WinXP pro x64. �I am
> wondering what the best solution would be to playing video games such as
> Starcraft 2 or Steam games (Windows games/game apps) on my system? �I
> don't mind learning a bit, and I'd like the games to run well on my
> system. �Advice is appreciated. :)
>
> --
> Eric

VirtualBox has 3D support - I don't believe the Open version does though.

I'm not a gamer, but clients seem happy with WINE for Starcraft.

Alternatively (preferably) just use WINE (skip Windoof all-together) -
you'll probably find Playonlinux easiest to configure:-
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20882
http://www.playonlinux.com/en/commentaires-785.html
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

Linux does have games you know.... some developers will even charge you
money for Linux games ;-p

Cheers