Re: Bug report

2011-10-03 18:39, lina skrev:
Just curious,

do I need to file a bug report cause the dependency of fglrx drive and xserver?

No, see <http://bugs.debian.org/639875>.

Last comment on that bug:

> is it because of this that fglrx just got removed from testing,
Yes.

How do people survive without fglrx driver.

As already hinted at, I think there are two ways:

1) Use the free driver.
2) Be more careful with upgrades.

As I remember, problems with fglrx happen quite often when there are new upgrades to other packages. Sometimes the new version is not supported by fglrx, at other times it is because debian does not wait to ensure that fglrx is never broken.

Thanks for any suggestions.

For now: I do not know.

For the future: Do one of the aove. If the free driver does not work for your needs, note what every upgrade will do, before you allow it to do so. I use aptitude for upgrades, so I get a list of the changes, and get to interactively decide what to do when there is a conflict.

Regards

Johan