Re: Running Password-gorilla on Debian SID after upgraded Debian from Squeeze

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

>> and then I run password-gorilla but still get message abowe
>> mentioned.

> You confused me because you said "The Password Gorilla requires the
> "pwsafe" package." and I simply took you at your word.  But the
> package installs okay.  There is no pwsafe package in Debian and the
> Debian password-gorilla package does not require one.

I just wanted to say that that when I run password-gorilla then I get a
message box that gives me this message:

<quoted>
The Password Gorilla requires the "pwsafe" package. This seems to
be an installation problem, as the pwsafe package ought to be part
of the Password Gorilla distribution.
</quoted>

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

> Now more becomes clear.  Not everything but more.  You were not saying
> that you had seen that installing password-gorilla failed to install
> because it required a pwsafe package.  You meant to say that when you
> ran password-gorrilla that it produced that message saying the above
> text.  That is an important different!

Yes, I meant to say that.

> Look for any environment variable that may affect it.  Likely
> candidates would contain TCL in their name.  This command might
> produce some clues.
>
>   $ env | grep TCL

This command produce not any message here.

> Try running with a clean environment.  The 'env -i' command can do
> this by starting off a command with a clean environment.
>
>   $ env -i PATH=/usr/bin:/bin HOME=$HOME DISPLAY=$DISPLAY password-gorilla

With this command I can run password-gorilla successfully.

> If the above works for you (it does for me) then there is a problem
> with an environment variable.  Find it and fix it and you won't need
> the environment initialization cleaning anymore.

I shall find and fix it.

--
Regards, Pal
<http://cspl.me>