Re: owner group question

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:05:59 -0400, Mark Neidorff wrote:

(...)

> I was going to do the following:
>
> $ chown mark:mark -r ~/*
>
> but before I did that, I thought that I would ask if there are any files
> in a user's home directory that shouldn't have the user/group ownership
> of the user.  I don't want to break anything (like kde, etc) when I try
> to fix the permissions.

Hum... before doing such massive change with file perms, I would make a
full copy of your current user's home directory, just in case.

Let's see...

sm01@stt008:~$ find $HOME ! -group 1000 -print | wc -l
39

sm01@stt008:~$ find $HOME ! -user 1000 -print | wc -l
7

I have 39 files that do not belong to my user's group and 7 that are not
owned by it... but all of the files are created by me, I mean, they're
not system files.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón