Re: how much time do I need to run badblocks

Long Wind:

> I bought a 60G disk and test it with badblocks
>
> badblocks -vws /dev/hdb
>
> 6 hours has passed and it's still running
> I can no longer wait and press Ctrl+c
> It have finished with 3 test patterns
> It says nothing about whether bad blocks are found or not

It would have told you if it had found any.

> I have read its manual and get no answer about my question

The question in your mail's subject? -The answer is: until it has
finished. That might take "some time". The output you get from using -s
should help to get an idea how long it takes.

J.
--
I am getting worse rather than better.
[Agree]   [Disagree]