Re: a quick Q: how did you handle files from windows

On 21/09/11 02:11, lina wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com
> <mailto:prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     On 20/09/11 19:27, lina wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Just wonder are there some tricks to handle the .doc from windows,
>     > you know, mainly keep it format and formula.
>     >
>     > Except went to (ssh) to windows and installation of wine (not tried),
>     >
>     > are there some good choice?
>     OpenOffice.org/Libre Office
>     Some features are not supported - which version of MS Office are you
>     importing from?
> Here I asked not specific, just kinda of general situations.

Then the answer is maybe.

And you'd do better replacing "general" with "vague"

"People in the United Kingdom and outside the United States share my
bemusement with the United States that America doesn’t share with
itself. They also have a sense of irony, which America doesn’t have
seeing as it’s being run by fundamentalists who take things literally."
— Bill Hicks