Re: a quick Q: how did you handle files from windows

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:27:21 +0800, lina wrote:

> Just wonder are there some tricks to handle the .doc from windows, you
> know, mainly keep it format and formula.
>
> Except went to (ssh) to windows and installation of wine (not tried),
>
> are there some good choice?

I mainly use OpenOffice Writter (now LibreOffice) but some docs are not
well formatted (mostly those with tables or special layouts). For those
exceptions I have to go to my Windows machine and open it from there,
such is life :-( (note that a VM will also do the same job than "real
irons").

> or are there some webpage severs as apps, so can easily handle those
> things?

Yes, there are also online services that convert between several
documents and file formats. I use this from time to time but not for
company based documents that may contain sensitive information on them:

http://www.zamzar.com/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón