Re: Debian 64bit get a "Volume vg0 not found" message

On 20/09/2011 14:35, manuel wrote:
hi

check for "activate a volume" ... I had this problem from Suse 10.x to
11.4 after the update

the module forgot to activate the volume ...
#vgchange -a y my_volume_group

you will find the answer with google how to activate it automatically ....
Hiya

Thanks for replying

I did try that.

I have reinstalled the kernel, lvm2 packages via chroot ... still nothing.

One thing I realised I forgot to mention is that its LVM on top of raid 1.
I went through http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set-up-software-raid1-on-a-running-lvm-system-incl-grub2-configuration-debian-squeeze just to make sure, I hadn't left anything out.
From what I can see, Im on par with the documentation.

Regards
Brent