Re: Worst Admin Mistake? was --> Re: /usr broken, will the machine reboot ?

Thanks, Aaron...Using ssh is brilliant. I have a script I set up once called bashprompt that I stick in /etc and source from .bashrc, but this could be a more elegant solution (though somewhat higher maintenance).

--b

I blogged about it here: http://pthree.org/?p=2007

> p.s. Will that work with a PuTTY session from a Windows client as well?

Well, it depends. LocalCommand is a command that is running local to your
SSH client. I'm not sure what is available to you on a Windows machine with
PuTTY, but you can certainly dig around and see what you get. Or you could
install Cygwin, and get access to a unix-like environment, where you have
better tools to do something like this.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o