Re: A quick Q: how do I command something in large amount

lina:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de>wrote:
>
> but the situation is a bit different,
> here we have .txt file and also .log files
> and only .txt files are expected to convert,

It would help if you didn't change the specifications. :) Nevertheless,
you can just use "for f in *.txt; do …".

>> find /dir/to/files -type f -print0 | \
>>    xargs -0 -I§ txt2pdf -input § -out §.pdf
>
> only succeed in transforming one of them,
> the rest just terminated.

Works for me. If it doesn't work for you, you have to provide more
detail, for example by showing the exact command you used and the output
you receive. Adding '--verbose' to xargs would help, too.

J.
--
Americans have a better life.
[Agree]   [Disagree]