Re: 3D.rendering became slow since moved to wheezy.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:10:11 +0700, Sthu wrote in message
<[🔎] 4e71a4dd.87c9e30a.36a8.ffffbc18@mx.google.com>:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Arnt:
>
> >> I have slow 3D rendering on ATI card after full upgrading to
> >> wheezy.
> >>
> >> Is there any strategy how I can investigate the bottle neck so
> >> that I might file a bug report against it?
> >>

> >..chk that you have linux-firmware-free and -non-free installed, and
> >KMS working, both upstream and Debian likes to weed out closed source
> >blobs and put them in -non-free packages, and at least the radeon
> >driver still depends on some of them for speed.
>
> OK. That's what I have after the upgrade:
>
> $ dpkg -l |grep firmware
> ii  firmware-linux-free  3
> ii  firmware-linux-nonfree  0.33
>
> How I can find about KMS status?

..it's the default you get if you dunno what to do, the console goes
from old ugly 80x25 vga or whatever to nice 240x66 or whatever the
screen will support, and changes screen fonts in all my cases.

..if you need more info on KMS, google, I'm on the road.

> Hmm. To me whole the problem is strange - I think there should be no
> 3D or it should be at some little variable FPS change after the
> upgrade, but it works as follows : from about 420 in Squeeze down to
> 60 Wheezy...

..in glxgears?  ;o)

..if you get 60fps with FlightGear-2.4, I'd say you have a successful
update.

> Therefore I want to find out the culprit - it worked and worked much
> better than now but something drags it down.

..only the glxgears fps rate, or is the desktop slower?