Is apache broken in squeeze?

Sorry but I need to know if apache2 is broken. I recently had to modify my system while installing a new mediawiki from the tarball. I tried to reload apache & I got a ton of errors, & i must say this was after trying to add a lot of required stuff from sources other that debian for both mediawiki and mysql. Well the apache was running then I rebooted & it quit. I reinstalled it fresh & the server says its running but even a call to localhost times out & quites. I then tried reinstalling the entire system including the mods and tried a restart. NO GO. Just wondering whats up, if anything besides operator error.LOL