Re: Is apache broken in squeeze?

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:58:53 -0500
John Foster <jfoster81747@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry but I need to know if apache2 is broken. I recently had to
> modify my system while installing a new mediawiki from the tarball. I
> tried to reload apache & I got a ton of errors, & i must say this was
> after trying to add a lot of required stuff from sources other that
> debian for both mediawiki and mysql. Well the apache was running then
> I rebooted & it quit. I reinstalled it fresh & the server says its
> running but even a call to localhost times out & quites. I then tried
> reinstalling the entire system including the mods and tried a
> restart. NO GO. Just wondering whats up, if anything besides operator
> error.LOL

I have a working apache2 in squeeze, fully updated, rebooted today after
the last kernel update. PHP/MySQL scripts working fine.

Save your configurations, purge and reinstall apache2. Work up from
there once it starts and runs reliably.

The chances of apache2 not working in Debian Stable are somewhere
between zero and utterly negligible. A fair chunk of the world's
public web servers use it.

--
Joe