Re: a quick Q: how to back to the head in terminal

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:10:12AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Bash manual provides "home/end" replacements but I also looked for "page
> up/page down" key combos because my netbook lacks for them. While
> searching for a good way to mimic the keys, I also found -by pure chance-
> these combos:
>
> ctrl-v = page up
> ctrl-b = page down

Are you sure about that? What terminal/shell are you using? On all my
systems using bash whether in VT or xterm CTRL-B is like left cursor,
the partners to that are CTRL-F (right cursor), CTRL-P (up cursor),
CTRL-N (down cursor). These are mnemonic for back, forward, previous and
next.

CTRL-V allows you to enter a literal control character for display, i.e.
CTRL-V CTRL-M will put ^M on the screen. It's actually
, but I don't
know how well that'll come across in email.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Hofstadter's Law:
	It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take