Re: keyboard question..

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Lisi wrote:

On Saturday 10 September 2011 01:57:11 I Rattan wrote:
I am trying to use debian-sparc-small.qcow2 for
people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/sparc directory with qemu-0.14.1

The system boots ok but the keyboard kepmap is messed up. Env command
shows the it is en_GB.UTF-8.

If you want an American keyboard, why are you using British English? (en_GB)

Here it goes:

1. This is sparc-linux context
2. Debian does not install under qemu-sparc, except for this old (etch)
   that some else installed and made a disk image for qemu-sparc-emulation
3. The pre-installed system has locale set to en_GB.UTF-8 (and the
   keymaps)
4. I am not running X-window environment (command line only)
5. The output is coming via serial-port to stdout (not a true console)
6. Ideal case would be to find the guy who made the disk (tried email
   to aurel32@debian.org but did not get any reply)

7. I want to know how to change the locale and kemappings form a command
   line utility

Thanks for your time.

-ishwar