Re: iceweasel and gmail

On 9 September 2011 21:58, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:09:19 +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>
>> On logging into gmail this morning on iceweasel i got the following
>> message ...... You are using an old version of Firefox that Gmail no
>> longer supports. Some features may not work correctly..... are there any
>> plans for upgrading iceweasel to get round this problem, or should i
>> install a more updated firefox?
>
> This looks like Google's fault.
>
> What version of Iceweasel are you running? It should be just fine.
>
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6557

Google reckon that all features are available for Firefox 3.6+ but
Squeeze default is Firefox (aka Iceweasel) 3.5.16.  gmail obviously
supports 3.5.16 (I'm using it here) but maybe not all features are
available.  If you don't want them, then this is not a worry.
Question is: how can we upgrade to Iceweasel 3.6+ if we want to?

Cheers,
Rob Hurle
--
Rob Hurle