Re: iceweasel and gmail

2011/9/9 Rob Hurle <rob1940@gmail.com>:
> On 9 September 2011 21:58, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Question is: how can we upgrade to Iceweasel 3.6+ if we want to?

I just download the .tar.gz file in the mozilla.com. And release the
package under my home dir, then add a "alias ..." statement in the
.bashrc. Now firefox can auto update to the last version.

Sometime i guess why linux distributions need to maintain a large
number applications like firefox,libreoffice,but not let users to
download the package from the corresponding net and install them.One
reason I think it makes sense is that the package may not has the
needed package format like .deb or .rpm, and there may be some
security and stability problem.