Re: virt terminal font problem

Thank you Brian . I did the dpkg reconfigure console-setup but none of the various iterations I tried worked. I have replied to Ivan's suggestion asking a question about making a change to a file in modprobe.d. I did find a notice in the reconfugure deal re framebuffers and that the driver I seem to be using is the problem.

Again  thanks for your suggestion.  Much appreciated.
Whit