Re: Is it possible to use broken display laptop for print server?

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 07:32:03 -0700, keitho wrote:

(...)

> Hmm. Is it possible to boot a minimal Linux OS from a cdrom on this
> broken display Dell (with 256M ram) that would enable me to use it as a
> print server? I would use a wired Ethernet connection to the hub in the
> basement.

(...)

Yes, just attatch an external monitor to simplify the installation
process and once done you can control your box via ssh.

Consider using a light DE/WM or none at all because 256 MiB of RAM is
very low for big desktops like GNOME or KDE.

You can also use your laptop as a secondary backup server or for
monitoring purposes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón