Re: How to set mailto application

On 03/09/11 01:36, Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:
On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:45:49 -0400
"Robert Blair Mason Jr."<rbmj@verizon.net>  wrote:

<snipped>

It took me a while to find the information - there didn't seem to be a
lot on setting up system defaults beyond places saying 'use
update-alternatives' - I wasn't able to find a list that said 'if you
want to change the default x program, you need to look at alternative
y'.  Is there such a list, for future reference?

Bump

I'd also like a list for future reference.

--
rbmj

There's a README in /etc/alternatives that points to update-alternatives, which is how I found it. I got "a" list of names by looking at the entries in /etc/alternatives
ls /etc/alternatives | grep -v .gz
gives a crude list for use with:-
# update-alternatives --list <name>

Cheers

--
"I'm so tired....
I need my sleep, I really do, I need about 8 hours a day - and about 10 at night