Re: How to set mailto application

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:45:49 -0400
"Robert Blair Mason Jr." <rbmj@verizon.net> wrote:

> How can I configure chromium to open claws-mail as the mailto link
> handler?  Right now it just opens a new chromium window to the new tab
> page.

Nevermind, I figured it out.  Apparently /usr/bin/xdg-email on my
system was some executable (not a link) that executed
chromium-browser.  Removing xdg-email and running update-alternatives
got me a working default mailto handler.

It took me a while to find the information - there didn't seem to be a
lot on setting up system defaults beyond places saying 'use
update-alternatives' - I wasn't able to find a list that said 'if you
want to change the default x program, you need to look at alternative
y'.  Is there such a list, for future reference?

--
rbmj