Re: Dual Boot.

On 2 September 2011 01:00, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thursday 01 September 2011 10:23:11 Heddle Weaver wrote:
> I've already said I've been able to do it in the past, but it's not
> happening this time.

Perhaps if you didn't break the threading people could follow you better.

????

 You
said nothing about previous occasions in the mail to which Jeremy was
replying,

UMMM! Yes I did.

merely made a sweeping generalistion about Windows users.

I made a statement about Windows users, not people that venture beyond that environment.

 He then
points out that not all Windows users are incompetent - and you leap on him.

He is not a strict windows user and I still maintain he contributed nothing.
Is that 'keeping the threading?'

I repeat, if you want people to be able to follow your long and convoluted
threads,

I have had one, long and convoluted thread in the time I've been associated with Debian.
That's a period of about eight years.
That was long and convoluted because of a lot of unconstructive and non-contributing verbiage on behalf of others.
I remember just the one reply by somebody, that stated I shouldn't have something somewhere, but absolutely no information as to what I should or what should be kept or what should be substituted, for example. There were other examples of self elevation at the expense of the situation and myself. Luckily I have always taken the viewpoint that if anybody believes that in putting me down makes them feel better about themselves, that they should just go ahead and be my guest, but you can see how long and convoluted threads come about. A problem is posted with a view to assistance, and then others post their problems. Perhaps this is their concept of 'keeping the threading'.

Luckily I gained the help of some constructive individuals amongst the mess.
I remember who they are also and the appreciation I expressed was directed to them.

you need to keep the threading.  If it is not possible for you to
keep the threading, then it ill behoves you to blame other people for not
following the thread.

How has the threading not been kept?
No need to answer.
I've got my own problems and I'd much rather stay on thread.
Regards,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.