Re: Can you help me figure out why I can't get Grub to install from netinstall cd's?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:54:18 -0700, keitho wrote:

> For the last several days I have been attempting to install Wheezy from
> one of the daily builds. I have tried four different builds (different
> days)- and they all fail in the same two spots- they won't recognize my
> removable medium (usb thumbdrive) so that I can install firmware, and,
> more importantly, they fail to install Grub.

(...)

Installer for the testing branch are prone to this kind of errors.

For GRUB2, you can leave it uninstalled and boot the installed system
from a LiveCD/LiveUSB or SGD. Once you're in, install GRUB2 as usual.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón