Re: [OT] SATA 3TB: unsupported sector size -1548812288.

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 06:54:11 Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Actually ^^ Lisi(?) that's not a restriction - it can be be run on
> Squeeze

How?  <skips excitedly>

> and then there's Trinity.

I know.  I have a Squeeze box running Trinity, but not my desktop.  Trinity is
not yet *completely* production ready, if, like me, you cannot code yourself
out of trouble.

It's already great for many purposes, and I was glad to see the change of
policy from "bring a new version out every six months, willy nilly" so that
problems never really had time to be solved and everything was released at
the beta or even alpha stage (à la Ubuntu (is Ubuntu feminine?) - Timothy
Pearson is a Ubuntu user) to "not released until it is ready".

It is a marvellous project and I follow its progress eagerly.  I am really
grateful for the time and trouble of those in it who are able to code.  I
would already use it for some of the people whom I support, whose usage is
different from mine.  But there are one or two GUI apps that I sometimes use
as root, and most can not be used as root in Trinity.

If necessary, I shall just have to live without them if that is still the
situation when support for Lenny is withdrawn.  But I have a few months yet,
and I was intending to raise this issue on the Trinity users list in the near
future.

Lisi