Re: Pixel garbage when opening context menus

On Tuesday 30 August 2011 12:49:49 Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:02:57 +0200, Ralf Jung wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > Now I wonder, which package do I have to report the bug against? It can
> > hardly be the driver, but it could be everything else in the graphics
> > stack, as far as I can tell. I also wonder whether anyone else is having
> > the same problem.
>
> I would run some tests, for instance, run a Debian LiveCD with GNOME
> +radeon driver (to discard the DE) or even try with another VGA card (to
> discard a hardware issue) and see how it goes.
>
> If GNOME does not expose the same behaviour, I would open a bug against
> KDE base libs. If GNOME does show the same thing, open the bug against
> radeon drivers (the bug needs to be open against open source drivers).
>
> Greetings,

Hi,

Same problem here on a desktop with IGP (Radeon HD 4200).
I don't remember when it appears but it's recent.

I just noticed that it only occurs on QT based applications, i.e. the "pixel
garbage" appears on right-click with KDE apps and VLC but not with Iceweasel.

System: Debian wheezy 32bits, KDE, no compositing, all effects disabled, only
xserver-xorg-video-radeon installed.

I ran a LiveCD recently (for other purposes) without noticing any bug wathever
the DE was (Gnome, KDE, LXDE, XFCE) but the LiveCD is not Debian based
(Hybryde NirvanOS).