Re: Why s port 111 still open?

On Monday 29 August 2011 15:29:41 shawn wilson wrote:
> Your issue seems to be resolved. However, I'd prefer to teach a man to
> fish.... As it were, lsof -i :111 should show you the pid of what is on
> that port. From there, ps and then look through logs or 'find /etc/unit.d
> -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -i{} grep <p name> {}' sometimes works. But if
> you don't see am unit service, chances are its tcp wrapper / portmap. FWIW

Thanks for that.

So the fact that nmap says that 111 is open for rpcbind does not mean that it
is open for rpcbind??

And for what it is worth:

lisi@Tux:~$  lsof -i :111
lisi@Tux:~$

!!

But it is open....

So the conclusion that it is portmap is where this method leads too?!

If I live to the age of 100, I shall still barely have scratched the surface
of Debian and Linux.

Lisi