Re: Why s port 111 still open?

Your issue seems to be resolved. However, I'd prefer to teach a man to fish.... As it were, lsof -i :111 should show you the pid of what is on that port. From there, ps and then look through logs or 'find /etc/unit.d -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -i{} grep <p name> {}' sometimes works. But if you don't see am unit service, chances are its tcp wrapper / portmap. FWIW