Re: A Question about Journalling File Systems and Flash Drives

On 29/08/11 08:49, green wrote:
Brad Alexander wrote at 2011-08-26 16:49 -0500:
card slot on his brand new win7 laptop...and grabbed her card and Windows
partially formatted (corrupted) it.

Since that 8GB card was broken, she upgraded to a 16GB card

Can Windows really *break* a card (rather than just the filesystem on it)?

It 'might' be an urban myth - I've heard it often but most instances I came across were recoverable (parted), some where not. Disclaimer: my experience of that problem is very limited - maybe half a dozen instances. I "suspect" the problem stems from autoformat, and a problem with Sdbus.sys during ADMA tranfers - MS pushed out some updates in late '09 that seemed to fix it. NOTE: It only seemed to occur with un-updated laptops - so I'm not certain that heat didn't play a part.

Cheers

--
"I've got a bathtub and an imagination, I'm staying indoors this summer.
That way I can listen to music that I like."