Re: securing the system, stopping unnecessary services and closing open ports.

http://myip.dk/ will give you the remote access address. Just ssh to the displayed address. I'd suggest you try - it's easier than just believing everything you read on whirlpool. The signal to noise ratio there can be bad. Exetel have good tech support - Vodaphail don't even know where their towers are - and they wouldn't tell you even if they did know.
If you have a static IP plan - the myip.dk displayed address is still the one you remote into to - *not* the ppp0 inet or p-t-p address.

Thanks for sharing that info.

They've moved Canberra? Why wasn't I told??
It's back where it should be now. No need to panic mate.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi