Re: howto boot from the second disk in raid 1

On 24/08/11 09:59, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Scott Ferguson
> <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>>> Probably just:
>>>
>>> � grub-install /dev/sdb
>>
>> Followed by:-
>> # update-grub
>
> Unecessary if grub's already installed.

Yes - I was wrong.

If it was a new disk, the --recheck parameter should have been applied
to check the device map. If /boot/grub already exists on /dev/sdb then
that's probably not necessary.

# grub-install /dev/sdb
would have given an error if grub was not already installed.
That will install /boot on /dev/sdb

Cheers

--
"People ask me what I think about that woman priest thing. What, a woman
priest? Women priests. Great, great. Now there's priests of both sexes I